ELECTRICIAN OPENING-LINK TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
Electrician – Lakewood Facilities (7:00am – 3:30pm)
Tracking Code: 15152-124
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Provides journeyman level electrician skills and knowledge to install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain a variety of electrical systems, appliances, and equipment. Work instructions may be written or oral and are accompanied by diagrams or blueprints. May direct the work of unskilled or semiskilled helpers. Work is inspected during the process and upon completion. Received direction or instruction on a daily basis regarding tasks to be completed and priorities. Work is performed under the direction of the Building Engineer or Director of Facilities.
• High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
• One year experience as a journeyman electrician
• Working knowledge of local and national electrical codes required, knowledge of high voltage equipment and terminations is essential.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the electrician’s trade required.
• Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, equipment, processes, and techniques of the electrician’s trade required.
• Must be able to work from written and oral instructions, read diagrams and blueprints, and make simple estimates of time and materials.
• Must be able to locate and adjust defects in electrical systems and equipment.
• Must be able to follow schematic prints.
• If driving is a requirement for the employee, he/she must meet the requirements specified in the Fleet Driving Safety and Compliance Policy and must continue to meet these requirements as a condition of employment.
• Verbal communication skills required to discuss work assignments and project progress.
• Must be able to life up to 50 pounds without assistance to carry equipment and supplies.
• Good dexterity, balance, and coordination required to work from ladders and scaffolding.
• Position requires standing, lifting, climbing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending, pulling, squatting, and walking.
• Must be able to wear half mask respirator to comply with OSHA requirements.
Job Location: Lakewood – Lee’s Summit, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Shift Schedule: 7:00AM – 3:30PM